Thursday, April 19, 2012

my style inpiration pour TOUJOURS! 4.19.12

Salut, mon bunnies!!

Today's post will be another style inspiration, in particular MY style inspiration. Actually, you might call her my style hero. She graced the HBO screen for years as she sauntered down the streets of Manhattan in her Manolo Blahnik heels and her girl "wolf-pack" by her side. She let us peek into her life as she learned the DO's and DONT's of relationships one heartbreak at a time until finally, we watched her fall in love with a man too big for his own name. And even though we watched every aspect of her life evolve before us, the one thing that remained constant was her indecisive, courageous, sometime's-outrageous, and always inspiring sense of style.

Yes, I'm talking about the fabulous Carrie Bradshaw played by Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City! Even though nine-years-old was probably a bit young to start watching Carrie's shenanigans, I fell in love with her amazing outfits the first time I flipped on the show when my parents weren't home.

What I love about Carrie is how she flat out doesn't give a shit, but knows fashion like the back of her hand. She lives it; she breathes it. She even feeds off of it as she once said,

"When I first moved to New York I sometimes bought Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more." 

But even as well versed as she is in fashion, Carrie was not afraid to make outrageous statements with her wardrobe when trying something new. Some people found it tacky or unnattractive but to me, bold choices (even if they border on crazy) are what drives the fashion industry forward!

Take a look at some of my favorite Carrie outfits:
Moral of the post? Don't be afraid to be daring with your style! 

Feel like putting on a million necklaces at once? DO IT!
Worked out and want to show off your midriff? WORK IT!
Feel like wearing your comfy sweats but want to wear your new heels as well? FUCKING DO IT!

What makes Carrie Bradshaw special is that while she did wear some crazy pieces at times, she walked around like she was the hottest thing in Manhattan, and THAT'S what's sexy...confidence. If there's anything else I can leave you with today it's this: Be confident in what you wear, how you want to express yourself, and who you are.

Cheers, bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment