Monday, April 16, 2012

leggings are NOT pants!!!!!!

I am taking a new approach with my blog today, bunnies. By that, I mean that I am finally going to let out something I have held in for quite some time. What do I need to talk about, you ask? Well, chances are you've already seen it. On the street...in the grocery store...at the dentist!!! It's a rapidly-spreading disease that has been infecting people's style since it's re-emergence in the winter of 2009:

LEGGINGS!!

Now, let me clarify something: I think leggings are adorable when worn appropriately and I own at least three pairs, myself. Leggings are not the issue here. What IS the issue is when women choose to wear their leggings (or even worse, tights) AS PANTS!!!!!! This means they will wear their leggings like one would a pair of jeans with a regular hip-length T-shirt, leaving their ass or "front-ass" exposed for the whole world to see! Even buying my morning coffee today, I had to avoid eye contact with the smiling dimples on the girl's ass in front of me because she was wearing a pair of thin, black leggings with a short, white tank-top. All I could think was, "Why?"  If you've had the good fortune to never see this display in public, sorry but you're about to see what I mean right now:
Are you okay? Do you need to throw some water on your face? I understand if you do.

Bunnies, this is NEVER okay. Even if you've been going to the gym every day, eating nothing but salads, and have the nicest ass in the world, no one wants to have your butt all in their face while they run their errands. They have stuff to do and don't need the extra distraction!

If you decide to wear leggings...there are PROPER, NON-ASS-REVEALING WAYS TO DO SO! Please observe the following:
Leggings are super adorable and sexy when worn with dresses and shirts that are long enough to cover your private bottom parts! No need to throw your junk in everyone's face. Be mysterious and let them guess about what's underneath....PLEASE! Fortunately for everyone, we are in the middle of Spring and the weather is starting to become nice enough to where leggings are not necessary anymore. But if you still have the desire to sport a pair, I leave you with a flow chart that will let you know specifically if you are wearing leggings and if you are wearing them appropriately.

I hope this post will leave people a little more conscious about how they wear their leggings in the future. Being able to express yourself through your own style is incredibly important, but please just be a bit considerate of what you choose to expose to the public. No one wants to see your butt-flossing thong through your barely-there tights. As for me...I can say is, thank god it's almost summer time.

Cheers, bunnies.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for passing on these words of wisdom... You may to also suggest that they buy a mirror as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you wear leggings in the spring? How do you add a spring touch to leggings? Are there spring colors or do we stick with black? Also, I'm interested in a Latin look because I'm Latina. I've noticed that many designs are appropriate for women without curves. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary...I made a set of different outfits one can wear in the spring time with leggings on my Polyvore account for you.

      http://www.polyvore.com/spring_leggings/set?id=47342176

      Leggings give your spring clothes adaptability. They can give you lots of inspiration for how to wear your new spring wardrobe now and they come in a variety of colors and patterns that will go beautifully with many different styles of spring dresses. For a more "latin-inspired" look, try pairing long black leggings underneath a flowing, angled skirt which is very trendy this season...http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/shop?query=angle+skirt

      Delete